I have lost 3 family members who were smokers. I lost a grandfather, my step-father and a brother-in-law. All of these people were under the age of 60! I am a breast cancer survivor and my husband was a cigar smoker. My entire family smoked as I was growing up. I have often wondered if this had anything to do with my breast cancer. Will I ever know? My mother still smokes and I have begged her to stop! I am a volunteer for ACS and I believe in a Smoke Free Texas! All people should have clean air to breath.
Share Your Story
- Do you have a story to share about your experience with secondhand smoke?
- Do you or a loved one work in a place where you are exposed to secondhand smoke and your health has suffered as a result?
- Does a loved one suffer from emphysema, heart disease or cancer because of exposure to secondhand smoke?
- Were you or a loved-one exposed to secondhand smoke during pregnancy, and have a child born with low birth weight?
- Do you live or work in a city or outside city limits where smoking is still allowed in bars and restaurants and feel it affects your health?
Whatever your experience is with secondhand smoke or the illness related to smoking, we want to hear it and share it with others on our website and in our advocacy efforts to make smoke-free workplaces a reality in Texas.